How Can an Omaha Truck Accident Lawyer Help Me?
A Law Firm That Helps Victims Make Their Case
After being injured in a truck accident, you have the option of seeking compensation from the trucker, the trucking company and their insurance companies. They will have lawyers who will fight to prevent you from collecting any money. Having an experienced lawyer on your side can help you fight back and get the compensation you deserve. The Omaha truck accident lawyers at Ausman Law Firm, P.C., L.L.O. have been helping truck accident victims since 2007.
Attorneys Jason Ausman and Michelle Epstein used to work for the insurance companies. Now they use what they learned to help the injured. We’re here to answer your questions and stand up for your rights every step of the way.
What should I do after a truck accident?
Call the police, get the name and contact information for the truck driver and trucking company as well as any witnesses, and get medical attention right away. Then, contact an experienced lawyer. Your attorney can help you report the accident to the insurance company and protect your rights by dealing with the trucking company on your behalf while you focus on getting better.
How is liability determined for a truck accident?
Responsibility for a truck accident can fall on the truck driver, trucking company, or even the truck manufacturer, depending on the facts and circumstances of the accident. Remember, the trucking company and their insurance carrier have a financial interest in pinning the accident on the driver of the smaller car, because that means they pay less. That’s why it’s important to have your own attorney launch an investigation on your side.
Should I accept a settlement for a truck accident?
Truck accidents usually have multiple insurance companies involved, and those insurance companies may work together to pay you as little as possible. Accepting an offer from one insurance company can affect the other companies’ liability as well. Until proven otherwise, assume anything an insurance company offers you is a “lowball” amount meant to protect their bottom line. Your attorney can review any offer you have received and help you determine whether it meets your needs.
What does it cost to hire a truck accident lawyer?
Most law firms represent truck accident victims on a contingency fee basis, which means they don’t get paid until and unless they successfully resolve your case. If you do win, your attorney’s fee is a percentage of the recovery, so you don’t pay anything out of pocket. Studies have shown that people who hire a lawyer recover much more than those who don’t, especially for complex cases such as truck accidents.
Here's how we can help
Here are just some ways our firm can help you with your truck accident case.
- Investigate the accident ourselves. We examine police reports, medical records and other documents related to your accident. If there are witnesses, we will conduct our own interviews. We will also seek access to any evidence that was not gathered such as the truck's "black box" data. Our attorneys know where to look for evidence of negligence that can help your case.
- Take care of the paperwork. Filing a claim after a truck accident often involves a lot of paperwork. And if it's not properly filled out or filed late, it could affect your ability to recover financial compensation. We make sure that all paperwork is filled out correctly and filed on time.
- Make sure you get the care you need. Insurance companies may try to limit your doctor's visits or claim you no longer require medical care for your injury. We can fight to make sure you get the medical care you need to recover as much as possible.
- Investigate trucking companies. In many truck accident cases, the trucking company's negligence led to the crash. For example, the company may have failed to keep the truck properly maintained. We conduct our own investigation of the trucking company to look for evidence of negligence.
- Negotiate with insurance companies. Many times, we are able to negotiate a favorable settlement with an insurance company to recover compensation for your injuries. We do this by building a strong case that lets the insurance company know we are ready to fight them in court, if that's what it takes.
- File a lawsuit on your behalf. Sometimes, insurance companies won't negotiate a fair settlement. In those situations, we will fight your case in court. We love to litigate, and are proud of the legal victories we have secured for our clients.
- Appeal your case, if necessary. If a verdict favors the trucker or trucking company, we can appeal to a higher court. We don't stop in our pursuit of compensation.
If you've been injured in a truck accident, having an attorney can help you recover the compensation you deserve. There's no fee unless you recover damages. Contact us to set up a free consultation.