How Can an Omaha Truck Accident Lawyer Help Me?
A Law Firm That Helps Victims Make Their Case
After being injured in a truck accident, you have the option of seeking compensation from the trucker, the trucking company and their insurance companies. They will have lawyers who will fight to prevent you from collecting any money. Having an experienced lawyer on your side can help you fight back and get the compensation you deserve. The Omaha truck accident lawyers at Ausman Law Firm, P.C., L.L.O. have been helping truck accident victims since 2007.
Attorneys Jason Ausman and Michelle Epstein used to work for the insurance companies. Now they use what they learned to help the injured. Here are just some ways our firm can help you with your truck accident case. We can:
- Investigate the accident ourselves. We examine police reports, medical records and other documents related to your accident. If there are witnesses, we will conduct our own interviews. We will also seek access to any evidence that was not gathered such as the truck's "black box" data. Our attorneys know where to look for evidence of negligence that can help your case.
- Take care of the paperwork. Filing a claim after a truck accident often involves a lot of paperwork. And if it's not properly filled out or filed late, it could affect your ability to recover financial compensation. We make sure that all paperwork is filled out correctly and filed on time.
- Make sure you get the care you need. Insurance companies may try to limit your doctor's visits or claim you no longer require medical care for your injury. We can fight to make sure you get the medical care you need to recover as much as possible.
- Investigate trucking companies. In many truck accident cases, the trucking company's negligence led to the crash. For example, the company may have failed to keep the truck properly maintained. We conduct our own investigation of the trucking company to look for evidence of negligence.
- Negotiate with insurance companies. Many times, we are able to negotiate a favorable settlement with an insurance company to recover compensation for your injuries. We do this by building a strong case that lets the insurance company know we are ready to fight them in court, if that's what it takes.
- File a lawsuit on your behalf. Sometimes, insurance companies won't negotiate a fair settlement. In those situations, we will fight your case in court. We love to litigate, and are proud of the legal victories we have secured for our clients.
- Appeal your case, if necessary. If a verdict favors the trucker or trucking company, we can appeal to a higher court. We don't stop in our pursuit of compensation.
If you've been injured in a truck accident, having an attorney can help you recover the compensation you deserve. There's no fee unless you recover damages. Contact us to set up a free consultation.