An Omaha Law Firm That Protects The Rights Of Injured Bikers
Motorcycle accidents routinely happen because another driver was negligent. You can't make another driver act more responsibly. But there are steps you can take to help protect yourself. The motorcycle accident attorneys at Ausman Law Firm, P.C., L.L.O. offer these safety tips.
- Take a rider safety course. There's always something new a rider can learn about staying safe on the road. These courses help you sharpen your riding skills. They also teach you how to be on the lookout for potential hazards and negligent drivers. If you've already taken a basic course, consider taking a more advanced one.
- Wear protective gear. While you still don't have the protection of being in an enclosed vehicle, wearing proper riding gear can help reduce the severity of certain injuries if you get into an accident. This includes a DOT approved helmet, eye protection and boots that cover your ankles. Wear long pants and long sleeves, which can reduce road rash.
- Always drive defensively. Assume that the drivers of nearby cars and trucks don't see you. Odds are good they don't even know you are there. Stay a safe distance away from other vehicles and avoid blind spots. Always put your headlight on, no matter the weather or time of day.
- Be extra cautious in bad weather. Rain, snow, ice or high winds can make it more difficult for you to control your bike. Take it slow.
- Watch for debris on the road. When a car runs over a soda can or a rock in the road, it's little more than an annoyance. But when you run over it with your bike, it can cause you to lose control and get into an accident.
- Keep your bike maintained. Make sure all regular maintenance on your bike is done on schedule. Conduct a brief inspection of your bike before you ride to look for any problems.
If you've been injured in a motorcycle accident in Omaha or anywhere in Nebraska, you need an experienced attorney to fight for you. The lawyers at our firm both used to work for insurance companies. We know how they often try to blame motorcyclists for accidents. And we know how to build a strong case that proves the other driver was negligent.
Contact us for a free consultation. There's no obligation. And if we take your case, there are no fees unless we recover compensation for you.